Monday, September 04, 2006

2nd September - Hamning it up in the springs

More driving, another 5 hours!

Just a quick stop in Hamner Springs, yet another geothermally heated area in the hills, this time with snow on the mountain tops around us.

Had a quick bite to eat in the evening where I nearly choked to death, the others didn't seem interested as a bit of bacon attached to some bungy cord was bouncing up and down my throat. Eventually Sarah whacked me on the back though I wasn't sure if it was to save me or just meaness but I was saved, HOORAY!

In the morning we went for a dip in the outdoor baths, Hamner Springs. Frickin freezing out of the pools in your trunks, but the 35 to 40 degree pools warmed you up again. Fantastic, Butlins needs some of those bad boys.

Back on the road now for Lake Tekapo - let me give you the phonetic way of saying that - Lake Take-a-poo.


Laters

Pricey

P.S. Just had one thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home