Wednesday, October 04, 2006

2nd October - Show us your Cairns

I've not posted for a while, I apologise, and seeing as how I have had quite a bit of spare time on my hands it is unforgiveable really.

So lets recap a bit, last friday I couldn't go diving, but 'Sars', as the Aussies call her, could go. So off she went on a four day PADI open water course. This through a LOT of evening talk went down very very well, no pun intended. She was pretty nervous about it all including the exam and taking off the mask underwater exercise but in her very own words 'I was frickin awesome', so there you have it. She was in a big group of 20 that got downsized a little and also contained some idiot girls who tried to kill themselves at every opportunity. But Sarah had a good dive buddy called Jen and they sorted all the hard bits out.

Now to amuse myself all day long for four days I went motorbike riding. Land based speed activities are my forte and I now have a new skill in Motocross bikes -

I booked on to a tour which turned out just to be me and the guide for a whole day. Not bad at all, we went all up through the tropical rainforest and hills on proper dirt roads. Not unsealed tracks but dirt walking tracks with rivets, deep pools of water and tree trunks. The bikes are awesome, they can pretty much get over or round anything apart from one newly felled tree that was so big we had to lie the bikes flat and drag them through. Did a bit of Evil Knievelling and got some air but nothing to shout about really. We did about 200 km in the day and boy was I sore afterwards. I nearly came off about 6 to 8 times but luckily through the use of my legs and luck I stayed upright the entire time, fantastic, no $500 bond for me to pay for damages.

So apart from that not much has been done. A bit of internet here and there, looking to hire a camper van for a stretch of the journey and hanging around the man made lagoon on the beach front because the beach is rubbish -

So I've had no excuse not to do my customary chores, but I am on holiday...

Laters

Pricey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home