Thursday, June 15, 2006

10 Minute Break

I think it's about time I got some action on here. My parents have had my nose to the grindstone!

First thanks to everyone from work who came out for drinks last Thursday in sunny Staines. It was a fun and drunken sendoff - even though the Pheonix did seem particularly dodgy and even Cheekees wouldn't let us in (this was surely a very good thing). A couple of disappointments in the evening - I'm sure I AM strong enough to give Will a piggy back, I just wasn't focussed. Next time. And I have no photos of drunken people to grace this page because someone ran out all the battery on my camera for me taking pictures of scary looking drunk men. Naming no names.

Another sunny day on Friday and lunch at the North Star - this time full camera battery but just forgot to take photos. I hope I don't have similar lapses of memory at the grand canyon and the like. Anyway I am not so good with the goodbyes and was pretty sad to leave NDS but will see you all in 6 months!

Thanks also for the good wishes from the family celebrators at Sunday lunch. Mum had turned the big 6-0, Emily 21 and graduating (how did that come around so quickly?) and Paul and Claire came with the great news of baby no. 2 and a new job for Paul so it was excitement (and gout) all round the dinner table. The children got a bit restless towards the end of lunch so played with cars and did some colouring:


After lunch Geof tried for the cheeky kip, and Joseph took his opportunity to attack:



But apart from all this jollity, I am in the midst of yet another house move as my parents follow my lead and become homeless, so they are putting my well honed packing skills to good use. Actually my 10 minute break is up so I better get back to it if I want to down tools for the 5pm kick off! (World cup is up to expectations so far, apart from Poland, who I have been cheering for in vain).

Laters,

Sarah





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home