Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tourists are us!

We have made it to Hollywood!

The 10 hour flight went well, though there was a ridiculous leaving time of 4:30am
for an 11:55 flight. But aside from being mistaken for English football hooligans at Heathrow security everything went smoothly and we got to LA and the USA Hostel
by 3pm American time. The hostel is good, we are sharing the room with two other
couples who seem nice. I didn't keep anyone awake with my snoring yet. The first
night at the hostel had a comedy festival, so we stayed up as long as possible for
that until we realised we'd been awake for 26 hours and so went to sleep.

We got up early, not through wanting but due to our body clocks and we headed out for
the most touristy thing possible - Universal Studios. It was really good, we got to
see a whole bunch of movie sets and go on a few rides here and there. We didn't see
anyone famous but we did get to meet Spiderman.

Now, I better give a small background on the next picture. One day, my buddy and I,
Tristan 'the original pirate' Jones along with Sarah were all watching Spiderman 2.
As smaller people do, they fell asleep within 10 minutes. Just at the pivotal part
of the movie she wakes up, lifts up the head and pronounces - "I HATE you Spiderman,
I HATE you Tobey Maguire!" and then drifts off to sleep again.
Now imagine the following conversation between Sarah and Spiderman: -

Spidey - "Hi, where are you from?"

Sarah - "I HATE you Spiderman, I HATE you Toby Macguire!"

Spidey - "What!?"


Sarah - "Bye loser!"


I laughed so hard I couldn't believe I kept the camera straight.
Anyway, we are off to Catalina Island today, just off the coast of LA. Still trying
to watch some footie, Brazil v Ghana starts in a minute or two. (8am here). Come on
England, 1-0 is enough. Now we have to crush Portugal!


Laters for now.


Pricey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home