Sunday, July 09, 2006

The end of Las Vegas - July 7th

Our Vegas phenomenom has come to an end, and unlike last time where we felt that we were all 'neon-ed' out by the end of three days, this time we felt that we needed an extra 3 days on top of what we had.

We basically have seen and done nearly everything we can here. It has been expensive and we will have to eat beans for the rest of the month but it was worth it.

There was a car showroom called 'The Drive' that for 10 dollars you could test drive 2 cars around a track. So off I went, the first was a Hummer H2 that I took around the obstacle course.


Sarah came with us in the back seat. We had to have a professional driver accompanying me in case I do anything stupid... She was a woman... a woman professional driver... a near oxymoron if ever there was one. (Sorry female gender). Also before I got into the car I had to take a breathelisor test. Though quietly confident, having not drunken a thing all day, Sarah was bricking it as she thought my habits might lead to a constant level of blood alcohol levels. Happily I hit 0 and put the rumours to rest.
After fighting with the girl in the Hum Vee, who grew increasingly nervous as I told her that this was my first time driving an automatic and a left hand drive car, we made it around safely. So onto car number 2, the new Chevy Corvette convertible, on the race test track. An awesome car, quick with awesome breaks and only 50 grand out here which is about 25 thousand squids. Too american though.




Next we went to the Nascar cafe and went on the roller coaster there. It was short and sweet but soo much fun.
In the evening we went to a steakhouse for some awesome Chateaubriaund. Sooooo tasty, better than the Steak house in Staines which is saying something. Then we dribbled home a little tipsy, stopping for 1 dollar margaritas before hitting the sack at 2.
The next day was awesome...
I'll save it for another post as this one is getting big.

Laters
Pricey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home